Licensed Marriage and Family Systems Therapist
Certified Family Life Educator, Author, Speaker
How Do I know if I Really Love Myself?
1. Do I exercise 4-5 times a week?
2. Do I eat regularly--mostly fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains?
3. Do I get by on fast food, junk food, sugar/fatfood, ie. candybar
4. Do I get to bed so I can wake up naturally feeling rested?
5. Do I give in to others' wishes or demands and then hate myself?
6. Do I use alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, or other drugs?
7. Do I find myself impatient or irritable with the needs and
requests of others?
8. Do I have a clear sense of my assets and deficits?
9. Do I have a sense of fulfillment or accomplishment on most days
10. Do I often feel tired or have a sense of heaviness?
11. Do I like what I see in the mirror most of the time?
12. Do I bite my nails, pick at my nails, or have other nervous habits?
13. Do I take time to play at least 2 times a week?
14. Do I talk openly about vulnerable feelings to anyone?
15. Do I feel completely safe with at least one other person?
16. Do I say "no" to requests when I know I am overloaded?
17. Do I find it difficult to express love (as distinguished from sex)?
18. Do I have 2-4 close friends that I can totally relax with and be
19. Do I spend time every day doing something I really enjoy?
20. Do I have negative self-talk or get defensive when something
21. Do I have to be right, or can I see when I'm wrong and say I'm
22. Do I get angry when things don't go my way?
23. Do I have trouble setting and holding boundaries?
(answers: 1,2,4,8,9,11,13,14,15,16,18,19,21 are yes for self-love;
others are no) from The Worst Evil--Losing Yourself (bookstore)